Tuesday, November 16, 2010

a week in art

Tuesday, received my complimentary copy of Sci-Fi Art Now, edited by John Freeman very inspiring and exciting to be in such a fantastic big glossy book, alongside so many incredible top name artists. I got the USA version with gorgeous Steve Sampson artwork on the cover. I did a little dance.

A manic few days has left me no time to keep up with Blogging.
so there was the community Firework display on Friday 12th- Myself and some of the firefighters run this, so that involved days of lugging palettes in the rain followed by getting to light Ginormous fireworks on Friday night. Great feedback from people. success.

Saturday I headed through to the Inchmore Gallery Opening, this gallery is under new ownership. I had been so busy I'd got the dates wrong and needed to collect paintings from my lovely Framers -The Fussel's at Kishorn ( recommended ) days early- between collecting generators and floodlights for Bonfire night. I dropped into the Inchmore before the opening and left a selection of my new style paintings with Jane Inglis who was a whirlwind of activity. At the Opening that afternoon there was time to take in the lovely bright exhibition. There was a great atmosphere, very friendly and warm. Lynn Bennett-Mackenzie's new paintings were particularly stunning and hung to great effect. The gallery is open Tuesdays to Saturdays 10- 5. Do make the effort to go and see this lovely exhibition with some surprisingly affordable pieces.

sadly on the drive home I hit a small Hind ( female Deer )- luckily I was driving slower than usual as I was just enjoying sitting down. Unluckily the poor animal wasn't killed outright so I had to find a gamekeeper, it was pretty upsetting. I was also furious that no-one stopped to help or check I was okay, even the two vehicles that witnessed the accident. You have got to wonder what is wrong with people sometimes. My van isn't too badly damaged, nearly all fixed now. Except a deer shaped dent.

Sunday and Monday, painting like the wind for the next exhibition.

this canvas is 40cm x 40c,. acrylic. 'Tempest'

This one is 100cm x 80cm acrylic on canvas ' a Hard Winter '.
paint wet as I delivered it this Tuesday morning.
I have put in 18 paintings in all, in both traditional and 'squiggly' styles. also prints and cards.
The exhibition is:


The venue is Fantastic! owner interviewed, press releases sent. Next!

No days off scheduled for the foreseeable...go go GO!

No comments: