Wednesday, August 31, 2011

TV treehouse build week.

The Great Treehouse Challenge for SKY1 is well underway. previous a blog  here.

So I'd penciled in the week to get stuck in & help unload lorry's, lugging the building sections, digging & hammering etc. I was looking forward to observing and participating in the whole process. I was looking forward to some physical graft, which is always good for body & soul. A message had come looking for certain number and types of volunteers for certain times and days. I chose to ignore the bit about 'Strong Male volunteers' to carry heavy things. Last I looked I wasn't a male, but its never stopped me carry heavy things yet. work gloves and overalls at the ready, I got the phone call.

They want me to be one of the people who gets a big surprise on camera when the finished building is presented to the community. They want me to NOTsee the site all week.... not get stuck in, dirty, hands on and build the thing ??? NOOOOoooooooo!  

So alas dear reader there will be no progress blogs from me, no sneaky peeks, or even after the programme has aired no behind the scenes info and pictures.

Okay maybe a little...


a busy site office


equipment pool


researcher and general go girl Ellie measuring up caithness slabs, donated by a member of the community for the stove hearth.
 so i did get a chance to do a little rock lugging and getting dirty in finding these stones with Ellie at least. The big presentation is Friday evening, better dust off my frock and get used to the bizarre and alien notion that I don't actually have to do everything myself or even at all. ... if the frustration gets really bad i do have a shed here at home which needs building. sigh.





No comments: