Wednesday, August 03, 2011

a hectic summer

Unfortunately the ability to write blogs is inversely linked with the amount of stuff happening to write about.  I believe it is summer, I seem to have spent three months chained to the easel; not earning, not interacting, promoting or organising. I squinted out of the window a couple of times & noticed that the grass was seven feet high, it was raining, it was sunny, the tide went in, the tide went out.

a version of 'Impetuous Horses' 

As the Vysotsky exhibitions and openings approach the stress levels rise, the energy levels run low and I look forward with relish to that lovely release one gets after an intense body of work is complete.... not yet though!  I still have one painting to finish, i had more in mind but there are limits to what is possible!  I also lost a week or so to a nasty cold. fingers crossed that there are no fire call outs in the next few days, I really haven't time or energy for all nighters and dragging hoses across mountains just now!

So news:


  • I was a guest on Scotch corner Comic artists blog on the 23rd July.
  • I've been busy selling cards and prints at local gatherings, gala's, craft fairs, producers days and Highland Games. Sales are nothing like they were in previous years but every bit helps.
  • The exhibition at the Weatherford Offices in Aberdeen is over, I'll be putting some of the paintings into the Lochalsh Arts Fair which runs 20th to 24th August.
  • I may have more exciting art adventures happening in 2012- will announce when things become more concrete!
  • I am running Comic workshops at Belladrum music festival, lunch time this friday & Saturday at the Tweedledee tent!
  • The Great Treehouse Challege for TV project moves forward, there will be a clean up day on the 6th at the site, all hands welcome! ( i'll be away doing my comic thing ! )
  • fantastic artwork for The 'Band of Butchers' story I'm colouring continues to come in, The Unseen shadows universe has been created by Barry Nugent and this particular story has been written by Dan Thompson & line art is by Rob Carey- its a cracking story!  more later.

No comments: