Tuesday, April 04, 2006

DAY 2 fire course

This course is great ! I'm still pretty nervous about the practical excersises, which are about to start in half an hour, but the whole team on the course are great. Theres the occasional patronising comment towards me & the lad from Skye, but its well intentioned & i know that teh 6 i'm working with in my engine are going to help me out . In a way its going to be much easier than at home, cos we have all the fancy equipment here, .

We've been kitted out with Breathing Apperatus & cutting gear, so we're predicting a small house fire & car crash for the One pump afternoon excersise. By thursday we're talking high rise collapse & ships on fire.





laters x

2 comments:

Richmond A Clements said...

Eaten too much?

Is that possible? I don't think so, and I should know, I've been in all you can eat Chinese.

Ed said...

I've seen that, and it wasn't a pretty sight. Though probably not quite as bowel-wrenchingly excruciating as seeing someone being sick inside their own face-mask.

There again, I've only had the one meal today, and I'm not especially bothered about eating again.